There has to be a collection method for organic waste. Transparent oxo-
- They are quicker and easier to collect than bins, which require the collectors to walk the distance from vehicle to house four times.
- Can be produced in a wide variety of sizes to suit particular requirements.
- They do not need expensive vehicles with bin-
- They are easy for householders to store, and can be supplied in rolls.
- They can be sealed when filled, so eliminating smells and flies which usually attend conventional waste bins
- Transparent sacks enable collectors to see the contents.
- They are not as visually-
intrusive as bins. Bins need to be washed.
- Bins are bulky items, which are expensive to purchase, store, and transport.
- The bins themselves, usually made from heavy non-
degradable plastic, eventually have to be disposed of.