There has to be a collection method for organic waste. Oxo-
currently in common use for this purpose and are much better than wheeled bins or conventional
plastic sacks. Oxo-
- They are quicker and easier to collect than bins
- Bags can be produced in a wide variety of sizes to suit particular requirements.
- They do not need expensive vehicles with bin-
- They are easy for householders to store, and can be supplied in rolls.
- They can be sealed when filled, so eliminating smells and flies which usually attend
conventional waste bins
- Transparent sacks enable collectors to see the contents.
- They are not as visually-
intrusive as bins. Bins need to be washed.
- Bins are bulky items, which are expensive to purchase, store, and transport.
- The bins themselves, usually made from heavy non-
degradable plastic, eventually have
to be disposed of.
strength, they produce a much smaller tonnage of plastic waste. Also, as they will totally
degrade, they cease to exist at the end of their programmed life. As noted above, a stack
of 1000 new plastic carrier bags would be around 2 inches high, but a stack of 1000 new
paper grocery bags could be around 2 feet high.
Incineration (click here to find out more)
Landfill (click here to find out more)